Saturday, June 19, 2010

Childhood memories..

Just reflecting on my early childhood in my hometown Invercargill...I remember the first day we moved from the small country town of Winton to the big city of Invercargill! I was 5.5 years old and I clearly remember the whole school standing at the fenceline when we drove out.. my 2 brothers and 2 sisters and I were sitting in the back seat (note that was 5 children in the back of a very small vehicle!)and we were all waving at them who were waving back at us. My first memories or our street, Holloway Street, Waikiwi were of these huge round pipes outside our house.. I remember climbing up on them and running along the pipes.. I met a friend Sharon Strathern on my first day who lived opposite to our house.. I remember I had to bring her inside so she could tell my Dad what her last name was as I couldn't for the life of me understand what she was saying!!
Stay tuned for some more memories.. :-)

Bisous
RDB

No comments:

Post a Comment